Saturday is apon us and with everything going on in Ibiza it’s 99%
Guaranteed that your gonna get into some sort of trouble this evening.
Here’s how to get yourself out of it the next day
1. Water. A must. Alcohol is a diurectic and can cause dehydration and
seeing as you have been in and out of the toilet all night your going to
need to get it back in your system.
Drink 1 pint of water before bed.
2. Sport Drinks. Even though the diuretic effect of alcohol may cause
the body to lose some electrolytes, it’s not so much that you need to
replace them right away,” says Samir Zakhari, Ph.D., (director of the
Division of Metabolism and Health Effects at the National Institute on
Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism) but get some here at M Wellness Ibiza for when your in need.
3. Coffee. This is a preferrence as caffine can cause and treat
headaches. It will also slighly dehydrate you once again so drink water.
This is still no excuse for Starbucks!
4. “Hair of the Dog” Forget it. Bad idea.This will provide a
numbing effect, but all you’re doing is prolonging the inevitable, and
it will more than likely cause a bigger headache. This cure is one step
on the way to becoming alcohol dependant.
5. Toast (and I don’t mean with Champagne) Carbs will bring your
sugar levels back up slowly.
Normally when blood sugar levels dip, your liver reacts by producing
more glucose from stored carbs. But if you’ve been drinking too much,
your liver is busy metabolizing the alcohol and can’t handle the extra
work, so your blood sugar levels stay down, and you can feel irritable
6. Greasy Food. What you eat after drinking doesn’t matter—it’s what
you eat before all those Vodka Shots and Whisky and Cokes that
can help lessen the pain the next day. Food helps slow the absorption
of alcohol but this doesn’t mean you can drink more
7. Medication. “While it’s OK for a headache, when combined with a
liver that’s working overtime to metabolize alcohol, it can cause
liver damage or be deadly,” says Dena Davidson, Ph.D., former
associate professor of Psychiatry at Indiana University School of
Medicine. Take 1-2 maximum and take them with lots of water
8. Mutivits. It’s not going to help cure your pain but
they certainly will help you get over it quicker
9. Workout/Exercise. The whole “sweat it out” theory is myth but
at the same time, the endorphin release could boost your mood and
help you get through the day with a smile. Burning off a few calories
may ease your guilt about how much you drank. Just be sure you keep
your water bottle handy so you don’t become even more
10. Sex. YES!! It wont cure your hangover but it certainly will put a
smile on your face
11. Drink Responsibly. Grow up! Your not 16 anymore, calm down with
the shots! Limit your drink to around 1 every hour. Your body will
metabolise alcohol in around 60-75 Min’s so give it a chance. Don’t
forget to drink water in between drinks and eat a subtancial meal
before you start drinking.
Here @ M Wellness we have some amazing “Hangover Cure” Juices and
Smoothies to replenish lost nutrients during your night out.
Come down and try one out!
+34 971 33 88 40